In conjunction with our “I Can’t Homeschool” series, let’s explore a few resources every homeschooling family could use.
In order to get a job done, and done well, you need the right tools. What tools would you find in a homeschooler’s tool box? Here are a few we couldn’t live without!
General Homeschool Resources
- HSLDA – A legal defense organization willing to defend homeschooling worldwide, and educate families of their rights.
- Student/Teacher ID’s – If you don’t have one already, make one! ID’s get you discounts all over, ensuring extra savings, and opening doors to awesome homeschool opportunities.
- Library – We practically live at our library. There is a wealth of resources there.
- Reference Materials – Grab a good atlas, dictionary, thesaurus, and perhaps a book on idioms. You’ll use them. A lot.
- Internet – Pinterest, YouTube Kids App, and more are waiting to help your family with homeschooling needs.
- Planner/Organizer – Whether you prefer printed, online, or a word processor, take time to plan out your year and get your family organized.
- Patience & A Sense of Humor – These, unfortunately, you cannot buy at the local market. Pray, pray, pray for God to grace you with these resources.
Beginning Homeschool Resources
Junior/High School Resources
In addition to these general resources, our family also has day-to-day resources we highly recommend. Read about more of our family’s must have tools HERE! For printable resources, check out our new Record Keeping and Free Printables pages found at the top of each page!
🔔Time to Chime In: Okay, fellow homeschoolers, time to share your ‘tool box’ with us! What homeschooling resources can you not live without?