After so many years, my brain has run dry of ideas. We’ve taught classes from astronomy to art; cooking to sewing; and everything in between. It’s gotten to the point I can no longer come up something new to suggest for clubs in our homeschool group. Then, inspiration struck. Why work on this alone when I could get a little help from my friends?
Over the years, we’ve been in many clubs and co-ops. I can’t think of a club we haven’t done yet. Just to give you a small idea of our previous fun, here are a few clubs we’ve coordinated:
- Animal Habitats
- Bible Heroes
- Engineering (Legos/KNex)
- and more!
What clubs have we missed that you would suggest? Have there been particular clubs your children loved and would enjoy doing again? Perhaps there is a new twist on an old club!
Clubs can be fun, but they can also be a challenge. Let me ask you a question or two…
- If you participate in clubs, what do you like about them?
- What do you dislike about clubs?
- What encourages you to be active, both in teaching and participation?
- What discourages attendance?
- Has there ever been a club which you found incredible?
- How often would you like to see a club repeated?
- What is the best time frame for club meetings, in your opinion?
- How long should a club last?
- Should clubs be age/grade oriented or skill oriented?
When it comes to club meetings and co-ops, a lot of planning, organizing, and praying is needed. It also helps to have a fresh pair of eyes looking at the year, bringing new life to the program. We want the kids to enjoy their time spent together, and be able to take away a few lessons as well.
Thanks in advance for sharing your awesome ideas and experience with us. We can’t wait to hear about what you’ve liked and disliked about homeschool clubs; as well as any new ideas we might have missed.
“Not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.”
Chime In!: Help us with fun, educational ideas for clubs in the 2016-2017 year. Share your thoughts on exciting homeschool clubs!