On occasion, I have the pleasure of advising families who are new to homeschooling. We talk about how to begin setting up a homeschool routine and the basics of a good education. Rather than frustrate them with long notes to take, it has been suggested I write these ideas down and make them available to everyone who might be interested.
Below, you will find a list of links to a few posts which help remove the stress, confusion, and misdirection that often comes with new territory.
As you read, please be in continual prayer about where the Lord is leading your family. Our goal is not to dictate your coming school year, but merely to come alongside you on your journey. May you find this information helpful and edifying:
- Homeschooling 101: Do All Things In Prayer
- Homeschooling 101: Two Shall Be One
- Homeschooling 101: The Letter of the Law
- Homeschooling 101: Developing Your Educational Philosophy
- Homeschooling 101: How Now Do We Learn?
- Homeschooling 101: Curriculum Conundrum
- Homeschooling 101: A Regular Routine
“In nothing be anxious; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”
Your Turn!: Perhaps you’ve been homeschooling awhile. What is the best piece of advice that was given as you launched into your learning adventure?