Last year, the family embarked on a new adventure in our learning: alter egos. Were we all going crazy? Perhaps all those rumors about homeschoolers are true! Calm your nerves… we were simply exploring the fun world of creative writing, along with some help from Dante’s Wardrobe.
We enjoyed our adventure so well we thought we’d give it another whirl. We have updated our personalities, received new mailboxes (well, some of us), and begun a new chapter in our literary adventure.
So… who are we this time? Allow me to introduce our latest cast of characters:
- Calaena (Me) – I am a French mademoiselle who travels with a famous circus. I train cats, not the small ones mind you, but the large kitties. I adore all who adore my cats and treat them with the utmost respect and care. I very much enjoy traveling the world and adding to my collection of tea cups.
- Jake Brodie (hubby) – A classic noir detective who solves the most baffling of riddles. His latest caper: Trying to discover who stole the cookies from the cookie jar.
- Bess Hay (Trinity) – Time traveler extraordinaire; she searches through time looking for new adventures and mysteries to solve. She likes all things steam punk.
- Chloe (Noel) – The owner of an amazing menagerie of creatures; each more fantastical than the next. Looking for a flying hippogriff? She’s got it!
- Emma (Angelina) – An animal fairy; she guards all her little creatures and experiments with fun recipes to offer her furry friends.
- Red Bird (JAG) – Charging through our universe with the intent of ridding the world of evil pigs; Red Bird likes attacking tall buildings and is attempting to become the first Jedi bird.
As you can see, we have quite a range of characters in our little “club”. There is nothing too far-fetched and nothing that can’t be done.
Our goal: One contribution to a mailbox per week. We usually go well beyond this though; sometimes it’s hard to keep up with six people exchanging letters all week. My mailbox is full minutes after I empty it!
Many thanks to Judith Jablonski over at Dante’s Wardrobe. Her ideas are fantastic; truly an inspiration. (To read all about how we started our adventure in creative writing, take a look at our series, DANTE’S WARDROBE, for details and ideas.)
Now for additional fun… How would you like to participate? Pick an alter ego and “build your character”, then send me a private message about wanting to join in the fun. Our people will get in contact with your people.